All Revolutionary Ideas Started with Two Questions:
What If We? Why Haven’t We?
We See an Opportunity for a Revolutionary Solution
- What if we engineered a constant-force spring to provide electrical continuity and grounding with constant-force contact to the cable armor?
- What if the same cable glands could also be used for non-armored cable types?
- What if we simplified and standardized cable entries with a design that easily opens, closes and adapts to a wide range of cable diameters to pass cables and pipes through wall and floor structures, creating a firestop and environmental barrier?
- What if we developed a round transit that installed in less than two minutes to create a water-tight, gas-tight and fire-resistant barrier?
- What if we focus on delivering high-performance, lower-cost, lighter-weight and installer-friendly solutions? It would revolutionize cable connectors, MCTs and round transits.
- Why haven’t we manufactured these components from high performance polymers that are designed to meet or exceed the most extreme environmental and industrial demands, replacing stainless steel, brass and aluminum?
Because no one’s thought to do it.
Allen Gibson, CAPE Industries CEO, and the CAPE team, recognized an industry-changing opportunity when they discovered the possibilities of combining advanced polymers with manufacturing technology to revolutionize how cable glands, MCTs and round transits can better protect people, equipment and operations.
This next-generation materials science, along with innovative design, delivers the highest levels of performance in the most extreme environments. This is a first-of-its-kind performance level for these types of non-metal products. With high-tech polymers that are used commonly in aerospace, military and oilfield operations, they perform like premium stainless steel and other metals, without the premium price.
CAPE’s team sees an opportunity to deliver a revolutionary solution that is focused on delivering unprecedented value to the entire supply chain, from onsite installation contractors and maintenance teams to EPC designers, procurement, wholesale electrical distributors and project owners.
Gibson recruited top consultants, electrical engineers and global business developers to create what would become CAPE Industries’ advisory board. Together, they researched, tested and patented CAPE’s proprietary technology that introduced the world’s first non-metal cable glands for use with both armored and non-armored cable types.